Make sure your team already has a Rotas set, if not go to settings to set it or contact your supervisor or named manager if you don't have the permission to do it.
Click the Add Shift button to add any date, or on the day view click on the progression bar to add shift to the specific day/time you are viewing, fill all required information and click the add shift button.
A validation message will display if the shift is added successfully. If for any reason the shift can't be added an error message should be displayed stating what went wrong.
The error message displayed on the screenshot means the shift requested hours do not match the Rotas hours set for the team.
Rota allows you to set an overlapping time of one hour before and an hour after the settings hours.
E.g. If the rota set hours for this team are 9:00 to 17:00 you can book a shift from 8:00 to 18:00 but you won't be allowed to book shift from 9:00 to 18:30 for example as the overlapping time is over an hour.
To add recurring shifts select the shortcut Repeat, and from the drop-down select the repetition partner. When the shifts are processed, you should receive a system message to inform you if all the shifts were added successfully or not.
The blue dot on the rota calendar indicates that you have a booked rota for the day.
Edit or delete a shift - In the day view click on the progression bar on the shift to be updated change the desired information then select the Update shift button or Delete if you wish to delete instead.
It'll only update or delete the shift for the selected day, even if the shift was added as a recurring shift it won't affect the other days.
Volunteer whit shift schedule starts the leave process with immediate effect "Deceased":
- Any shifts added to the volunteer who is leaving will be cancelled.
- Current day shift won't be deleted if the shift has already started
- The shift won't be added back if the leave process is cancelled
Change rota hours
Day view - Make sure you are on the right day before making any changes. The changes won't affect any other day only the one you are viewing.
Custom working hours
- If the working hours are extended the booked shifts for this day won't be extended automatically, so it will be created a shortage of users for the extended period.
- If the working hours are shortened, the booked shifts will be shortened automatically.
Set to default
- The rotas hours for the specific day (only) it will be reset to the default hours
Close for the day
- The rota is set as closed for the day
- Any shifts booked for this day it will be cancelled, and it won't reset in case the rotas hours are reset
The user's affected by the shift changes should receive an IM informing about the changes.